At a time when it was thought that heavenly bodies had power over life on earth, the art of being able to interpret their movements was believed to be the source of wisdom.
The following collection of passages tell us that before the beginning, God created a goddess called Wisdom. She was his master plan with which he created the universe. The starry sky was the end product.
Human wisdom flows from divine wisdom. It starts with fear. Then as one gains understanding of the movements and patterns, one gains wisdom. Thus, revelation does not mean supernatural communication with God in the sense commonly understood today. By revelation it is meant that God reveals what he wants to be known, visually. It is through wisdom where God's message enters human consciousness.
Thus wisdom was the medium by which one communicated with God. The better they understood the patterns and movements, the wiser they became. To them, all the knowledge of the universe, past, present and future, was contained in the starry patterns of the sky.
Substitute "wisdom" for "knowledge of astrology" in the following passages and they will make more sense.
1. All wisdom is from God. God created Wisdom before all other things. Wisdom reveals her secrets to God. It is God's gift to those who love him.
10 (Sirach 1:1-10; Catholic)
2. She was God's master plan at the time of creation.
8.122 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 9.1 (Proverbs 8:1-9:1)
3. The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom. Fools despise wisdom.
23 4 5 6 7 (Proverbs 1:2-7)
4. Whoever studies her will learn the things of old and of things to come. He will understand turns of speech and the solutions to riddles.
8(Wisdom of Solomon 8:8; Catholic)
5. God gives wisdom from his mouth in an allegorical sense, if you think of the patterns of the stars as the means by which God speaks. This is what is meant by "the word of God". It also applies to angels who reveal their messages by the angles of the stars.
67 (Proverbs 2:6-7)
6. These passages have astrology all through them: alternations of the solstices, changes of the seasons, cycles of the year and the constellations of the stars. Wisdom is a reflection of eternal light, a spotless mirror, she renew all things (the sun cycle). God loves a man who lives with wisdom-because he will live in accordance to God's will.
1718 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 (Wisdom of Solomon 7:17-28; Catholic)
7. We see mention of three of the four creative elements: fire, air and water. The circle of stars describes the Zodiac. The luminaries-lights-of heaven were the gods that rule the world.
5 (Wisdom of Solomon 13:1-5; Catholic)
8. The age is divided into twelve parts, meaning the twelve houses of the Zodiacal age.
11(2 Esdra 14:11; Apocrypha)
9. The twelve signs of the Zodiac make up the circuit of heaven.
34 5 6 7 (Sirach 24: 3-7; Catholic)
10. The Bible was meant to be esoteric. Whoever betrays their secrets will never find a congenial friend. This explains why the Bible is so hard to understand as an astrological work; it was written in a codified language.
16(Sirach 27:16, Catholic)