Jesus' second coming (Parousia)
The truth that survives is the lie that
is pleasantest to believe.
When is Jesus going to return? Christians want to know. If truth be told: never, at least not the way they expect. If there is one thing theologians and scientists agree on is that astrology has no predictive value. And that is the core of their futility. The prophecies of Jesus' second coming are astrological. In fact, practically the entire Bible is about astrology.
It would be obvious if the Bible said something like: Orion will be close to the sun on the summer solstice in the year when the sun enters Aquarius on the vernal equinox. But it doesn't do that. Instead the Bible is written in an archaic form of storytelling called the epic. It is not history. It was a way of explaining the past and how it gave rise to certain traditions, while at the same time, legitimatizing the powers that sponsored the stories.
Kings had epics written about their war time exploits and leadership skills. For priests, their gods personified elements of nature. To appear legitimate, epics contain names of earthly characters and geographical places, some of which exist in historical records. Typically, they had a hero who was chosen above others by divine authority and aided by intervention.
Sometime during prehistory, ancients learned that the lights in the sky could predict seasonal changes. It wasn't much of a stretch to think they could predict human events with similar accuracy. The zodiac serves both purposes. And that is why the zodiac and its myths provide the code breaking Rosetta stone for deciphering the Bible.
Somewhere between the Bible's canonization and Augustine, these important facts were blurred from memory. In my opinion, it was intentional.
Background for this article is provided in the following:
- Light verses Dark: explains how light is personified as good and darkness is personified as evil. The Bible's writers perceived a seasonal battle between light and darkness. If the Bible could be distilled to its fundamental premise, this is where it starts.
- Bible Dates: The Bible starts with creation in the Age of Gemini and ends with prophecies of a new creation in the Age of Aquarius. The Bible covers the ages of Taurus and Aries, a period of 4,000 years. Astrological ages span a period of approximately 2160 years.
- Gospel Zodiac: The gospels tell the story of the sun passing through the twelve houses of the zodiac.
- The Son of man represents Christ's spirit and personifies the constellation Orion.
- The Apocalypse of Jesus: In Matthew 24, Jesus tells his apostles what they will see in the age to come. Interpreters looking for earthly signs have missed the mark entirely; it is entirely astrological. If we look at it historically, how could his apostles live long enough to see the new age? The answer is that the conversation is between the sun and the twelve zodiac constellations.
- Death and Resurrection: Christ's death marked the end of the Age of Aries and the beginning of the Age of Pisces. Jesus is supposed to return at the beginning of the Age of Aquarius.
There is a great battle to come between light and darkness in the autumn of the Age of Pisces. Christ didn't know the precise date the Son of man would come because it would be over two thousand years away. We will look at some gospel prophecies first, and then see how they coordinate with the Book of Revelation.
|Figure 1: The zodiac in the Age of Pisces||Figure 2: The serpents of Scorpio|
setting the stage
Revelation's script for a new creation parallels the Six Days of Creation in Genesis 1. Due to precession, the sun visits the twelve constellations on the vernal equinox over a period of 25,920 years. This is called a Great Year and 1/12th of a Great Year is called an Age, 2160 years.
In the Age of Gemini, "darkness" represents the winter years of the first creation. The Spirit of God (Orion) is in the house of Taurus. Deep represents the constellation Cetus the Sea Monster. Cetus lies in an area of watery constellations known by the Babylonians as the Sea.
Figure 2 shows two serpents. The first lies at the feet of Bootes and Virgo, Adam and Eve. After they ate the forbidden fruit, God cursed the serpent above all the animals (Gen. 3:14), meaning God put a second serpent at the highest place in the zodiac, the North Pole. When God said "he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel" (Gen. 3:15), the phrase was pointing to Hercules's foot on top of the serpent's head. Six month's later the two constellations appear upside down. So the serpent's head is on top of Hercules' foot.
Because the biblical writers equated darkness with evil, it followed that God pronounced his curses in the cool of the day, darkness (Gen. 3:8). Original sin equates with original darkness.
The new creation inaugurates the Age of Aquarius, the time when there will be no more darkness.
Now that we know what to look for let's examine some of Jesus' prophecies.
|Figure 3 Aquarius||Figure 4 Pisces|
No one knows the day or hour except the Father. When the Son of man comes, it will be like the days of Noah.
of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor
the Son, but the Father only.
37As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
38For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark,
39and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man. (Matt. 24:36-39)
Translation: The Age of Aquarius is too many years away to know when it will come. The allusion to Noah suggests something of equal magnitude to the great flood. Noah symbolized Aquarius, the man pouring a bowl of water, Figure 3. (See "Revelation 16" in Death and Resurrection for the significance of the pouring bowl.)
The sign of Jonah
No sign shall be given to an evil and adulterous generation except the sign of Jonah. The queen of the South will arise at the judgment.
he answered them, "An evil and
adulterous generation seeks for a sign; but no sign shall be given to it
except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
40For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
41The men of Nineveh will arise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here.
42The queen of the South will arise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, something greater than Solomon is here. (Matt. 12:39-42; Luke 11:29-32)
Translation: In Figure 3 there is a fish at the bottom of the water stream called Pisces Astrinus, the Southern Fish. In ancient mythology the fish is a symbol of salvation in deluge stories, where the fish saves the world by drinking the waters of the flood. The Southern Fish has a very bright star at its mouth (18th brightest) called Formalhaut, meaning "the fish's mouth." Formalhaut represents Jonah whom the fish ate. The star is the sign of Jonah.
The "queen of the south" depicts Queen Cassiopeia in the house of Pisces, Figure 4. She arises every year like most of the constellations do. She is at the judgment when the sun crosses the equator into Pisces.
Mark 13; Matthew 24; Luke 21
The zodiac paradigm applies to the astrological Ages. That is, a period of 2160 years can be divided into four seasons, spring, summer, fall and winter, spanning 540 years each. Divided by twelve, the changes take place every 180 years instead of monthly. This is the context with which to understand Jesus' prophecy.
1. The temple will be destroyed.
as he came out of the temple, one of his disciples said to him, "Look,
Teacher, what wonderful stones and what wonderful buildings!"
2And Jesus said to him, "Do you see these great buildings? There will not be left here one stone upon another, that will not be thrown down." (Mark 13:1-2; Matt. 24:1-2; Luke 21:5-6)
Translation: There is a large scholarly consensus that the gospels were written after the fall of Jerusalem 70 CE. On way to confirm this is through many mentions of Jerusalem in Paul's writings. It is too easy to write in such a prediction after the fact. That said, the symbolic meaning is meant to presage the destruction of man's temple to be replaced by God's temple in the world to come.
2. There will be wars, earthquakes and famines; false Christs will lead many away. The end is not yet; this is the beginning of the birth-pangs.
as he sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter and James
and John and Andrew asked him privately,
4"Tell us, when will this be, and what will be the sign when these things are all to be accomplished?"
5And Jesus began to say to them, "Take heed that no one leads you astray.
6Many will come in my name, saying, 'I am he!' and they will lead many astray.
7And when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed; this must take place, but the end is not yet.
8For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places, there will be famines; this is but the beginning of the birth-pangs.(Mark 13:3-8; Matt. 24:3-8; Luke 21:7-11)
Translation: Troubles start in the fall season of the Age of Pisces.
3. The disciples will be persecuted; family members will fight each other to the death.
take heed to yourselves; for they will deliver you up to councils; and
you will be beaten in synagogues; and you will stand before governors
and kings for my sake, to bear testimony before them.
10And the gospel must first be preached to all nations.
11And when they bring you to trial and deliver you up, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say; but say whatever is given you in that hour, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.
12And brother will deliver up brother to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death;
13and you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved. (Mark 13:9-13; Matt. 24:9-14; Luke 21:12-19)
Translation: The twelve constellations/apostles will be affected, but they will not change course. The events in heaven will parallel life on earth.
4. When you see the desolating sacrilege in the wrong places, let those in Judea flee to the mountains; do not look back.
when you see the desolating sacrilege set up where it ought not to be
(let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the
15let him who is on the housetop not go down, nor enter his house, to take anything away;
16and let him who is in the field not turn back to take his mantle.
17And alas for those who are with child and for those who give suck in those days! (Mark 13:14-17; Matt. 24:15-19; Luke 21:20-24) - Luke adds that Jerusalem will be surrounded by soldiers and destroyed.
Translation: The destruction will take place in the years of Virgo, Libra and Scorpio. It will not happen in the years from Pisces through Leo. High places are associated with light and low places with darkness.
5. This should not happen in the winter. If it does there will be more tribulation then has been seen since the beginning of the creation. If God had not shortened the days, no human would be saved. If a Christ appears, do not believe it. There will be many false prophets at that time. Take heed.
that it may not happen in winter.
19For in those days there will be such tribulation as has not been from the beginning of the creation which God created until now, and never will be.
20And if the Lord had not shortened the days, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days.
21And then if any one says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it.
22False Christs and false prophets will arise and show signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect.
23But take heed; I have told you all things beforehand. (Mark 13:18-23; Matt. 24:20-28)
Translation: This cannot happen in the winter because in the winter the days grow longer. The shortening days of the fall represent the time when the powers of darkness increase to maximum strength. This is when the faithful are tested.
6. It won't be until after the tribulation when the sun will be darkened, the moon will be dark, the stars will be falling from heaven and the powers in heaven will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory. He will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds from the ends of earth to the ends of heaven.
in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the
moon will not give its light,
25and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.
26And then they will see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
27And then he will send out the angels, and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven. (Mark 13:24-27; Matt. 24:29-31; Luke 21:25-28)
Translation: The Son of Man coming in clouds on a dark night represents Orion appearing in the foreground of the Milky Way. The Milky Way is easily visible on dark nights. (See Pillar of Cloud) Orion starts to ascend above the horizon in early winter. It reaches its zenith on the summer solstice in the Age of Pisces and descends thereafter.
7. Learn its lesson from the fig tree. As its branches become tender and it puts forth its leaves you know summer is near. Similarly, when you see these things take place, you know he is near at the very gates. This generation will not pass away before all these things place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will stay.
the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and
puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near.
29So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates.
30Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place.
31Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Mark 13:28-31; Matt. 24:32-35; Luke 21:29-33)
Translation: The fig tree grows its leaves in the spring time. This precedes the summer solstice when Orion will be at the height of power and glory.
8. No one knows the day or hour, not the angels, nor the Son, but only the Father. All I can say is: watch.
of that day or that hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven,
nor the Son, but only the Father.
33Take heed, watch; for you do not know when the time will come.
34It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to be on the watch.
35Watch therefore-for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or at cockcrow, or in the morning-
36lest he come suddenly and find you asleep.
37And what I say to you I say to all: Watch." (Mark 13:32-37; Matt. 24:36-44; Luke 21:34-36)
Translation: The beginning of the Age of Aquarius is too many years away to predict the precise time.
The New Creation
|Figure 2: the serpents of Scorpio (duplicated for convenience)|
1. I saw an angel come down from heaven with the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. And he seized that ancient serpent who is called the Devil and Satan and bound him for a thousand years and threw him into the pit and sealed it so he would deceive no more. At the end of the thousand years he must be loosed for a little while.
I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key of
the bottomless pit and a great chain.
2And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
3and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years were ended. After that he must be loosed for a little while. (Rev. 20:1-3)
Translation: The thousand years stretches from Pisces to Leo, the first half of the Age of Pisces (Figure 1). Looking at Figure 2, there are two serpents, Serpens and Draco. In Eden, Serpens was the tempter serpent and Draco was the serpent God cursed above all the cattle and wild animals. Meaning, Draco is in the North Pole, above all the constellations; it can be seen every night.
The house of Scorpio precedes the winter solstice, a.k.a. the pit. The man with Serpens wrapped around him in Figure 2 is called Ophiuchus.
2. I saw them seated on thrones, those to whom judgment was committed. I saw the souls of those who had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead came to life after the thousand years. This is the first resurrection. The second death has no power over the first resurrection. They shall reign with Christ a thousand years.
I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was
committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their
testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped
the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads
or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand
5The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.
6Blessed and holy is he who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and they shall reign with him a thousand years. (Rev. 20:3-6)
Translation: The twelve zodiac constellations represent those seated on their thrones. Both groups of dead souls allude to certain stars up to and including the Age of Pisces. In Figure 2, Ophiuchus and Serpens represent the beast and its image. Ophiuchus has one bright star on its forehead that represents the mark of Cain in Genesis 4:15. Hercules symbolizes the fallen Abel.
3. After a thousand years Satan will be loosed from prison. There will be a great battle with his countless minions all over earth, Gog and Magog. But fire will come down and consume them and the devil where the beast and the prophet were. And they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be loosed from his prison
8and will come out to deceive the nations which are at the four corners of the earth, that is, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.
9And they marched up over the broad earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city; but fire came down from heaven and consumed them,
10and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulphur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Rev. 20:7-10)
Translation: The battle between darkness and light begins on the fall equinox of the Age of Pisces. In Ezekiel 38-39, Gog of the land Magog is the leader of the forces of evil in an apocalyptic conflict against Yahweh. Gog represents Ophiuchus. MaGog represents the stars in the fall constellations. The lake of fire and sulphur represent the spread of sunshine from the position of the sun on the summer equinox.
|Figure 5: the sun at noon June 22, 2160|
4. I saw a great white throne with him sitting on it. He saw the dead standing before the throne. The books were opened and the dead were judged by what had been written in the books. The sea gave up the dead in it, and so did Death and Hades. Then Death and Hades were thrown in the lake of fire. This is the second death.
I saw a great white throne and him who sat upon it; from his presence
earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.
12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, by what they had done.
13And the sea gave up the dead in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done.
14Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire;
15and if any one's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (Rev. 20:11-15)
Translation: On the summer solstice of the Age, Orion is on his throne, Lepus, in the house of Taurus. Death and Hades, the Gemini twins receive the full strength of the sun's rays (Figure 5). The sun is at its highest position on the horizon and consequently at the peak of strength.
5. I saw a new heaven and earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. There will be a new Jerusalem and a loud voice from the throne saying, for those united with God, there will be no more sadness, no more pain and no more death; for the former things have passed away.
I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first
earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
2And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband;
3and I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling of God is with men. He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself will be with them;
4he will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away." (Rev. 21:1-4)
Translation: The sun has conquered darkness once and for all. Orion sits on his throne in the new Jerusalem, the house of Taurus. After they pass the summer solstice, the stars descend.
6. He who sat on the throne said he make all things new. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the fountain of water of life without payment. The faithless shall burn in the lake of fire and sulphur. This is the second death.
he who sat upon the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Also
he said, "Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true."
6And he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the fountain of the water of life without payment.
7He who conquers shall have this heritage, and I will be his God and he shall be my son.
8But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death." (Rev. 21:5-8)
Translation: "He who sat upon the throne" describes Orion and Lepus, Figure 5. There are twenty four letters in the Greek alphabet representing 24 decans around the zodiac. The "fountain of the water of life" alludes to Aquarius (See Death and Resurrection).
7. There was no temple in the city, for the temple is God and the Lamb. The city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God is its light, and its lamp is the Lamb. Its gates shall never be shut by day, for there shall be no night there.
I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty
and the Lamb.
23And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine upon it, for the glory of God is its light, and its lamp is the Lamb.
24By its light shall the nations walk; and the kings of the earth shall bring their glory into it,
25and its gates shall never be shut by day-and there shall be no night there; (Rev. 21:22-25)
Translation: There will never be evil and darkness again.
64Jesus said to him, "You have said so. But I tell you, hereafter you will see the Son of man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven." (Matt. 26:64)
Figure 5 pictures the Son of man seated at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven. He will return on the first day in the Age of Aquarius about 2160. The idea that a new earth will replace the old one, and that there could be light without the sun is so preposterous, one has to wonder how anybody can take this seriously.